Wednesday, November 8, 2017

The free will camps

Let me give you free will-ians some additional information.
You are in the same camp as the Catholics. You sit beside every charismatic denomination, every prosperity teacher, every charlatan, and every false teacher of the gospel. Why do I say this? Because free will is attractive. It delights the fleshly  carnal human soul.
"I am free. I am not a slave to sin. Not really. I have the will to conquer my sin and reach for the garments of Christ on my own. I possess a core of invincible, immutable righteousness in my own self and there is a part of me, however small, that is able to defy the God of the universe and emerge victorious."
Why do you think the Catholics believe the church has authority over scripture, rather than scripture over the church? Why do you think the false teachers believer they can add to scripture whatever whim enters their deluded minds? Why do you think men believe they have authority (at their command, not that of the Holy Spirit) over poisonous snakes, over diseases, over the weather, and everything else they desire? They believe this because they believe the spark of their original righteousness is equal to God's.

No comments:

Goat Farmers: Introduction

  Introduction I am not ashamed of the Gospel. [1] The late Christian apologist Ravi Zacharias explains the motivation that led him to write...